November 11, 2014

Why I love a Unit - Part 1

Today a customer called and got me started on the wonders of a Liebert LG694P.

The poor customer had to endure my raconteur about the subtleties of this fine unit.  Suddenly a vision from my 8am college Latin classes working out Ovid flashed into my mind.  I quickly stopped and felt foolish that I was trying to create lyrical poetry of a UPS unit.

However, it got me thinking.. maybe I should share with everyone my opinions on certain units. Often people overlook certain models and miss out on the wonderful value.

So, a new occasional series... Why I love a Unit.


The Liebert GXT26000RT208 is great for several reasons.



Low & High Voltage Outputs  - So many of you are still buying transformers to get your legacy 120volt loads.  Stop that and get this model.  it includes both high voltage and 120volt loads in a tight 4U frame.  You have to buy the very expensive APC SURT P3U series to get this feature.  That model sells (when we have them) for $2300.

Bypass Switch Included - I just sold a $300 bypass switch for a 5 kva unit.  If they had bought this model that bypass switch is included free.

Price -  $1700 is a great price for a 6kva unit with transformer and bypass kit.  The APC SURT version would be  over $2200 and be a clunky 7U.

Subpanel Ready - Want to power a small panel in your server room.  This units is ready for it.  Hardwired ports will connect directly to wiring of your panel.  Simple 1,2,3/

Because of these features, i recommend this unit for any new installation or application.  And now for the for next 30 days, we'll include a FREE Network card with this system if you buy in November 2014.  Buy this unit now