November 18, 2014

I need a 10kva 3phase Unit... why are you giving me a car

Recently a customer called needing a 3phase 10 kva.  He wanted feed a subpanel and was looking for a UPS solution that wouldn't cost $15,000.

While we have 10kva 3phase systems... I asked him Why he needs 3phase?   He told me that the subpanel was 3phase to the IT room and he wanted to power the entire 50-amp panel seamlessly,

I told him Good News!  I have a solution that is under your budget AND it includes a FREE new Car.

Because the solution was just a regular 10 kva unit and a single phase subpanel... I could throw in the new Nissan Versa for $11990 and still be under $15,000.

Remember, only buy a 3phase unit IF YOUR EQUIPMENT IS 3PHASE!   His IT equipment was all single phase servers and didn't need 3phase anywhere.   Just change the subpanel to single phase and our 10 kva unit will power all the loads.

While he passed on the free new car, he did take our Liebert GXT2 10kva with integrated bypass and split phase output.