September 13, 2012

Symmetra PX Output Designs

Its weird, sometimes I get two customers asking almost the same thing within days of each other.  I wonder if you all are just ganging up on me.

Though I try very hard to be accurate and consistent, sometimes the 2nd guy gets the better answer.   And by the time I write this out, an even better answer comes out.

This week its "how do i can use the 3phase power from the PX to power my servers"

The first guy got my electrical answer....  Install a subpanel and distribute the circuits like you would in your house.  The second guy got the APC InfrastruXure answer.  .... Buy lots of PDUs and power whips and keep everything free flowing in the racks.


Both the blue-collar union electrician design works as well as the hippy techie super scalable design.  But there are some important design considerations worthy of a GreenlightUPS Onesheet.


Download it here.