Today's 3phase is cheaper, expandable, and near maintenance free. But before you make the jump to the Symmetra PX 40... lets consider one aspect of 3phase.... CIRCUIT WATTS
- 3phase is a method delivering power... what it ultimately delivers is still watts. There is no difference between a 3phase phase watt and single phase watt.
- Since watts are a result of volts x amps.... if you need more watts you must increase voltage and or amps.
- And since your amperage is fixed at your panel or building, upping voltage is the best way to get more watts.
- But if you are already running at high voltage and amperage is maxed... your only option is to goto 3phase.
- At 120volt... your 30amp circuit provides 2.88kw
- At 208volt... the 30amp circuit provides 4.99kw
- At 3phase 208v... that same circuit provides 8.64kw